Thursday, April 25, 2013

Back on track

I haven't updated in a week or two, so no better time then the present.

Well, I had my 3rd weigh in yesterday and knew I was going to have a bad weigh in...but, I went and faced it anyways. I was down 12.4 lbs previous to this weigh in and I ended up gaining 2 lbs. I was upset with myself for gaining weight, but even more upset with myself for knowingly doing things that set myself up for failure that week. I stopped tracking my points, I ate food that I knew was way out of my points range (not just one day, but a few days). I did it knowing there would be a consequence, but I guess at the time I felt it was worth it, or made excuses for myself (I'm really good at coming up with excuses for myself). All I can say is I felt HORRIBLE and like I let down a lot of people (I have so many people supporting me on this journey). So to those I disappointed (including myself) I apologize.

Today is a new day, and I am back on track. I am continuing to hold myself accountable and even posted my weight gain on my facebook page. I had so many people comment and tell me to move past it and remember this is a life change. People probably don't realize, but their encouragement really means a lot to me; as well as the accountability. It reminds me that I am not alone in this...and for anyone who has struggled with weight issues (or any type of struggle for that matter) knows just how isolating and lonely it can feel. So having support from family and friends, and of course my faith, really means the world to me...so, thank you!

Speaking of support from family and friends, shout out to my friends who gave me a link to these two awesome sites with delicious and easy WW friendly recipes:  http://www.emilybites.com and http://www.skinnytaste.com  These websites will be really beneficial for me on this journey. I have already started making some of the recipes, and I look forward to posting them on my blog to share with my readers (do I even have any?) ha,ha!

Alright ya'll, I am in it to win it, back on track, headed toward success....all that good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment