Friday, April 26, 2013

Tried them and liked them - more WW friendly recipes to share

I mentioned in my blog post last night that some friends of mine told me about some great WW friendly recipe websites. I am so happy these websites exists, I think they will really be beneficial to me on my journey to losing weight and being healthy. I never knew I would enjoy cooking or baking, and not saying that it will last, but right now I am enjoying it (meaning last night and today, lol).

I thought I would share my recipes that I made last night. The dinner I made was inspired by a few recipes I found on www.emilybites.com and the breakfast I made was straight from a recipe on her website.

Last nights dinner: Turkey Sausage (I used the Jennie O brand) Red Peppers, Yellow Peppers, Orange Peppers, Onions, and Mushrooms. I used 2 tbsp's of E.V.O.O. and a dash or minced garlic and oregano.  You can serve this over whole grain rice, but its very filling on its own (which is how I ate it). One 4 oz. serving of the Turkey Sausage = 4 WWPP (Weight Watcher Points Plus)



And for breakfast, I made these delightfully tasty lil' Banana Pancake Bites - I took a picture of the ones I made so you can see how they look when made by a beginner baker :) The picture on www.emilybites.com is way more professional looking then mine, but you get the point. They are only 1 point per muffin. I love how easy and quick these were to make (I even had my daughter join in on the baking fun). She wants to make these with mini chocolate chips, so of course we will try those next...YUM!


So, give these a try, and let me know how you liked them. Also, if any of my readers have any WW friendly recipes they would like to share, please comment below, I would love to try out your favorite recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment