Wednesday, May 23, 2012

It's been a while!

I'd like to start off apologizing that I have not kept up with my blog lately. Life got crazy busy and with lack of time my blog became less of a priority to keep up with. So I am sorry for those who have been wondering what's going on. That being said, here is a quick update on how my juice fast went. I started with a goal of 10 days, and made it. Felt so good I decided to go for 30. Well, I made it 22 days...I know I would have made it the full 30 days had we been home and on our typical routine but with all the bookings my daughter has been getting lately and having to travel and be away, it became really difficult to juice..so I began basically not eating or drinking anything for 2 days; which I decided pretty much went against a healthy lifestyle and decided to incorporate food back into my diet...with a goal of making it mainly veggies. I have found that my taste buds have changed and so have my cravings. I enjoy a nice salad and enjoy veggies that I never really did before. I am glad I did the fast, I felt great while on it and I actually miss it since I have really slacked off of incorporating juice into my days. I plan on juicing again but it will not be a fast, it will just be incorporated into everyday life...maybe 2 to 3 juices a day to make sure I am getting lots of nutrients and filling up on things my body loves. I have also slacked on my exercise, but I plan on picking that back up as well...baby steps! Its so easy to get distracted from goals when curveballs are thrown at you left and right but as long as I find my way back that's what matters! I lost 30 lbs while on the 22 day juice fast and I weighed myself today and surprisingly I have kept off 22 lbs of what I lost...and for being off the fast for 15 days now, I feel pretty good about that. I also realize that I don't want to undo all that I have done, so its time to get re-focused and stay the course. Hope this gave a quick update and wasn't too long! :)

1 comment: