Monday, May 7, 2012

Day 21, still hanging in there!

Its been a while since I've updated my blog, no worries, I am still juicing! I have just been so very busy and haven't had time to update all that's been going on.
I am almost done with day 21 and I have to say that I can't wait until I get done with day 30! I am so ready to be done with my juice fast, it's not even funny. I almost gave in last Saturday...it was all beginning to be too much for me. I was getting sick of the juice, and I felt like I would rather just live off of water then to drink another glass of juice. But, that was after being up all night at a slumber party my friend and I had for the high school girls we lead at church; in which there was pizza, wings, cookies, cake, chips, etc...that night was NOT easy, but I managed to get through it. Saturday afternoon I was just done, ready to throw in the towel, but I have some great friends and some awesome teens who are cheering me on in this journey and they encouraged me to not give up. They looked up juice recipes for me and made me a juice that I hadn't had before and that helped me get back on track. Saturday night I was co-hosting a Cinco de Mayo party for my sisters Graduation party and I had to prepare all my favorite Mexican food...I was able to make it through making all my favorite dishes without sampling them. And at the party, I drank the juice from the homemade salsa, it was delicious! I somehow managed to get through two very difficult nights in a row.  Now, I am on the road with my mom and my daughter, we are in Georgia getting ready for my daughter to shoot a music video with a Christian singer (she was chosen in a open casting call to play the young Jamie Grace for her new music video). Usually one of my favorite things about traveling or going on vacation, is eating at new restaurants and trying new foods, so this has also been another challenge for me. I have managed to continue juicing even while on the road. I haven't been juicing, I have been purchasing the Naked juice at the grocery store. Mainly been drinking the Green Machine with an occasional Berry Veggie drink, and trying to drink as much water as I can. I haven't really had time for exercise, so I will have to start my walking back up when I get back from Georgia.
Something I have noticed while being on the road is that there are food billboards everywhere. Restaurants billboards, fast food billboards, it's crazy how the temptation to eat pure junk and unhealthy food is everyone around us. Its no wonder we have an epidemic of obesity in America and especially with our kids. So, as much as I am having a difficult time staying on my juice fast, when I notice these things around me, it makes me glad for the changes I am making! I can't wait to start implementing good choices in my eating. I am craving veggies like crazy, and I plan to eat veggies and continue juicing for one or 2 meals a day after my 30 day fast is up. I plan on getting back to my walking for sure, I miss it.
Oh...good news! I had to go shopping for a few clothing items today because I don't have much to wear in the size I am in right now, so that was fun getting to shop and actually being able to fit into something without it being too tight and having to squeeze myself into it. Yay!
I knew this was going to be a difficult journey, but I didn't know it was going to be this difficult, I didn't realize just how much this would affect me mentally and emotionally and even socially. So much of my social life is built around the enjoyment of food. I am glad I am learning to enjoy veggies, I'll be able to eat all the veggies I want pretty soon and I can't wait!!!
Well, if you read all of this through...thanks for taking the time to check in and see how I'm doing. I hope I am able to encourage others in knowing that if I can do this, anyone can...no seriously, anyone can! I don't know how Phil and Joe did it for 60 days and to those who are doing it for 60 days, kudos to you! You have my utmost admiration. I am just ready for day 30 to get here...ready to chew again, lol!

1 comment:

  1. Remenber we need to eat to live not live to eat. You have made and are making a journey to a healthy quality life. You are blessed with all who love you and support you. Especially Noel she wants to enjoy even more with her healthier happy mom.

    ReplyDelete