Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Day 15 - the half way mark!

Day 15 is here, I have accomplished half of my goal and I hear it gets easier as you go, I'm holding all you folks who have said that to that promise! LOL! This past 15 days have had their challenges, rewards, ups, and downs to say the least...but all in all, I am glad I am where I am today and not where I was 2 weeks ago. Two weeks ago I wasn't able to stand to wash the dishes without my back killing me, I wasn't able to walk more than 10 minutes without my back killing me, I was tired all the time, I ate nothing but junk and too much of it. Today I have more energy, my back isn't hurting me, let me say it again, my back isn't hurting me!!! Yes, that is very exciting! I notice now when I clean dishes I am not in pain, when I'm walking, I'm not in pain...that in itself is an amazing feeling and a huge relief. I have lost 24lbs, that is a nice bonus, I've lost 2 inches in my waist, I am starting to believe in myself again, believing I am capable of having a life full of the joy that is inside me. So, yes, I have given up eating food for 15 days and drinking veggies and fruit instead, but I have gained so much more. I am learning so much about nutrition along the way as well. I have already incorporated what I'm learning by changing dinner and snacking habits for my daughter. I am buying more whole foods and staying away from processed foods...not to say we can't ever have that, its just not a staple in our house anymore. My daughter is willing and that is so awesome, she knows if I can drink veggies and fruit, she can at least eat them! Last night she snacked on zucchini with some ranch, its funny how tempted I was to eat her zucchini, lol. I am finding that my taste buds are changing. I can't wait to eat salads, veggies, and try out new healthy recipes I have found. I think I am on a great path and although it is hard, I am still fighting the temptations everyday and the urge to run through a drive thru or have "just one bite" but I keep reminding myself of the temptations Jesus faced and overcame, I remind myself of the things my loved ones have overcame, and of my daughter "those little eyes" who are watching me and looking up to me, believing in me, proud of me, my family, my friends...so many who are praying for me, supporting me, loving me, encouraging me! I have so many reasons to stay on this path of better health. I am realizing just how selfish I have been by giving in to my temptations of eating poorly and over indulging, it not only is a lack of discipline, but it is actually very selfish. I was only considering myself, not thinking of others and how what I was doing affects those who love me so much. I pray that I never go back to that, I know I feel this is something I will always struggle and fight with in my life, but I pray that I will keep that in the forefront of my mind and never lose sight of what the end results of making good choices will be for me. Ok...so today is kind of a rambling on post, sorry, but I haven't blogged in a few days and I guess I had a lot to get off my mind. By the way....I have upped my walking from 10 minutes to 20 minutes, and today I already did a 20 minute walk and will go for another 20 minute walk this evening with my daughter! YAY! Feeling great about that. Thanks for reading and for anyone who is following along that is on this same journey, I just want to tell you to stay strong, this is only temporary but the benefits will be long lasting!

No comments:

Post a Comment