Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Rejoicing in the small things

I was going to wait til tomorrow to post this but I was so excited and have felt so good, I just had to post about it tonight. In my earlier post from today I said I was going to start walking since I am feeling more energy since starting my juice fast. Well, I did it...YAY me! Ok, so most people might read this and think "big deal" and maybe to some it isn't a big deal, but to me it was a HUGE deal! I have had horrible back pain for a long time now, and just to go on a 10 min walk would be so painful that it would literally feel like someone was stabbing my lower back multiple times (no, seriously, it was that intense). So today when I went for a walk and I didn't feel that intense pain in my back, I felt so FREE and so encouraged. My sweet daughter walked with me, and the few times we have walked together this past year I am usually huffing and puffing behind her. But not today! Today I was ahead of her, breathing well, walking with a pep in my step and felt so happy to be pain free I decided to jog a little as well. WOW! I honestly wouldn't have thought when I went out to walk today that I would have ended the last minute with a bit of a jog. Honestly, I almost didn't even go for a walk. I had so many thoughts fighting in my head saying "just go tomorrow, start in the morning" But I said, no...I put in my blog I would walk and even if its just 5 minutes, I'm going to walk! So...although to some it may not be much a big deal, I am celebrating this accomplishment today! My daughter was so proud of me and that of all things was the greatest reward! Looking forward to my walk in the morning and may even go again in the afternoon with my daughter when she gets home from school. Oh and tomorrow is day 10!!! I can't even believe it! :)

2 comments:

  1. Dee I believe your journey in getting healthy will inspire and help others. I am sure it already has. I am praying for you I know God will walk with you during this challenging and life changing journey.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete