Thursday, April 26, 2012

Day 10 - Reached my 1st goal!

It's here, day 10 of my juice fast! I reached my first goal and I am so happy! I feel great and I am ready to turn this into a 30 day goal. This morning I came home from dropping my daughter off to school and went for a 10 minute walk and I am about to have my breakfast! This mornings breakfast recipe: 1 apple, 2 oranges, a handful of grapes, 5 celery stalks, 5 carrots, and 1 tomato. I juiced those up and it made about 2 servings so I will have one this morning and have one for tomorrow morning as well. I have been reading a lot about the benefits of celery, and couldn't believe how great celery juice is for you...so I pretty much try to make celery part of all my juices, and same for apples. I went to the grocery store this morning and bought 12 more apples, I go through them a lot. I spent $13 on apples...but I figure, there used to be plenty of mornings I would run through McDonald's for breakfast and spend $7 on breakfast alone...so I don't feel too bad spending that much on apples that are going to go toward at least 5 juices for me! I took a picture on my walk this morning, I walked around this lake and walked a couple of the blocks in my neighborhood to get a 10 minute walk. I plan on going for another 10 minute walk today with my daughter when she comes home from school! I can't wait to build up my time and be able to get in more exercise, but for now I am happy with every step I am taking toward better health! Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dee, I have enjoyed your blog today and enjoyed your juice journey these 10 days too!!!
    I so like and admire your determination. and especially the Bible verses. I keep thinking without God we can do nothing, BUT, with God all things are possible. You have inspired me also, to try and be heathier in my choices. A person can look healthy on the outside but really on the inside not be healthy at all, so I am going to make good decisions to get healthy. Thanks so much for sharing with us. And God bless you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for your comment and for following along! God bless you in your journey too! :)

    ReplyDelete