Thursday, April 26, 2012

Holding on to God's promises

I started out today feeling great and excited to make it to day 10! I walked, juiced, blogged...felt great! Well, that only lasted til about 3pm this afternoon when I was on my way to pick up my daughter from school. I didn't have a lot of water today, I also only drank my morning juice...so I was feeling really hungry! On my way to get my daughter, I wanted to stop off to McDonald's to get a double cheeseburger so bad. I seriously started to taste it. I started coming up with justifications like "I made it 10 days, one burger won't hurt". I really struggled to fight the temptation facing me. I mean, its one thing to go off the fast, but to come off a fast and have the first thing I eat be a greasy double cheeseburger from McDonald's? Have I not learned anything from the past 10 days of where that kind of "quick fix" lifestyle has brought me to? It just goes to show that this fast is exactly what I need in my life right now and solidifies my decision to continue for another 20 days. I am so glad I didn't give in, I still want that burger, don't get me wrong...its been in the back of my mind since I thought about it (crazy I know). I guess we all have our demons to bare, and its obvious food is mine. I feel somewhat defeated right now, but not fully defeated. I did make the right choice and stuck to my fast. I even went to my mom's house and showed her the Mean Green juice recipe and we shared a nice glass of juice together. I guess it surprised me how quick I was wanting to revert back to my old ways, and how I was able to come up with so many convincing arguments in my mind to justify the decision to do something that deep down I knew just wasn't a good choice to make. In the end, God's Word and His promises held true...just as the verse on my blog states...there is no temptation too great that He can not lead us through. I guess I need to just know that I am always going to struggle with food, but that I can have victory in the end...but God didn't say it wouldn't be a fight. Thanks for letting me be real with where I'm at, I have so many people supporting me and praying for me in this journey, please don't stop!

1 comment:

  1. You wlli have those desires and temptations
    But each refusal to give in will make you stronger. You must fight each battle as they come but rely on God he will make you victorious and you will win in the end!

    ReplyDelete