Friday, April 27, 2012

Day 11 of 30

Well, nothing too interesting to write about today. I haven't lost anymore weight then the initial 5% that I lost within the first 8 days of the fast. I've just been at the same number for the past couple days and although this isn't just about weight loss, it kind of gets on my nerves that I don't see the numbers dropping on the scale. I wonder if I'm doing something wrong or if I'll all of a sudden have a day where I show a big loss. I did lose about 2 in. around my waist, but that doesn't really excite me all that much. I am starting to get doubts in my head about whether or not I will ever be able to drop weight, here I am drinking all veggie and fruit juice and not losing anything for the past few days. Anyways, I guess I just have to keep reminding myself that its not about the numbers, its about my health and eventually my body will start showing the benefits of a healthy lifestyle. I guess in our society, we are just so accustomed to getting what we want, when we want it.

Anyways, as for today, I haven't had much juice. I just haven't felt like drinking it today. I haven't had much water either, I'm sure it will catch up with me later on tonight. So, I am focusing on drinking water right now and plan to have a juice here in a little bit. I will be gone most of the night tonight and most of the day tomorrow, so I will make some juice in advance and also stop off and buy some Bolthouse juices for when I need one on the go. I don't want to give myself any opportunity to go off the fast. This morning I made a juice with just fruit. The recipe: an apple, pear, and orange. Simple enough right? It was good and made me a nice tall glass that filled me up well.

8 comments:

  1. I don't have time for facebook right now, but I wanted to pop in and tell you how PROUD I am of you!!! What you're doing is AWESOME. Do NOT be discouraged about the scale numbers. They will come. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Make the goal your 30 days, and not the scale. In fact, I would consider not stepping on the scale until your 30 days are up. The body holds and releases weight daily for a number of reasons, especially hormones in women, so that is likely not at all a reflection of fat loss but a shift in water retention. I love juicing and you're totally an encouragement for me to do a cleanse very soon! Praying for you! Rest in Jesus my friend! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jocelynn! You are right, I need to probably stop stepping on the scale now. I was weighing myself everyday originally because it was encouraging me to keep going because I was seeing such great results. Now, its discouraging me, I may want to just take the scale out of the house, lol. And you are also right about the goal being 30 days. I need to keep that as my focus, I think that will help if I start a countdown or something like that. Thanks for the encouragement and good advice, I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  2. We will hit plateaus within the juicing as well. Never give up and never let go of God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you...I am not going to give up, although today is the closest I have been to ending this fast. I don't know how Joe and Phil did this for 60 days, I was inspired by them so much and now that I know just how hard the struggle is, they are my hero's, lol. Thanks for the encouragement. I will keep my faith strong even in the times I feel like giving up!

      Delete
  3. Don't give up! Have you tried any exercise? I am hoping to head back to the gym sometime within the next few days. Maybe that will help. And don't be discouraged; I'm sure you're just at a pause and it will all catch up. And you are right, it is ALL about your health!! How much weight are you looking to lose, if you don't mind me asking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have started walking but that's it. I am very heavy, I'm not ready to say how much I weight, but I can just say that I am dangerously morbidly obese. I dropped 5% of my body weight in the first 8 days of my fast, and that has helped me be able to walk. Before, walking was even a challenge because it hurt my back so much. I can now walk 10 minutes at least and have no back pain. Looking forward to doing more as I progress. As far as how much weight I want to lose, I haven't been able to even set a goal for myself. I have such a long way to go that it just overwhelms me to think of a total number of pounds that I want to lose. So, I am trying to set a goal for things like: being able to walk 30 minutes, being able to enjoy a day at a themepark with my daugther, etc. Thanks for your encouragement. I hope you are right and that my body is just at a pause right now and it will catch up!!

      Delete
  4. A hint, drinking more juice during the day will actually make you lose more. Also, try to stay away from just fruit drinks, keep your raitio 80% veg juice and 20% fruit juice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you, I am trying to up the juice intake. I wish I liked it more, that would help, lol. But I am doing better. I only do fruit in the morning, like in the movie. But even that I add a lot of veggies...so I am mainly doing veggies. I can tell my taste buds are changing and I am craving veggies, so that's great! :) Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete