Monday, April 8, 2013

Sticking to it...even on the weekend!

Well I made it through my first weekend while on Weight Watchers, and a weekend that included going to an arts festival nonetheless. There were lots of yummy vendors there I would have loved to tried, but I just kept sipping my iced cold water instead of giving in. I went with my daughter, mom, sister, and little niece. It was great to be outside and enjoy the beautiful Florida weather.
We decided to have lunch at an Irish Family Style Restaurant and instead of chowing down on potato skins and some shepherds pie or other sinfully delicious food, I opted for the Cobb salad. I know a Cobb salad is probably not the epitome of healthy choices, but once again, baby steps my friends. I chose the Cobb salad because I do get a lot of points on Weight Watchers and it was late in the afternoon and I had barely used up any points, so I figured why not fill up on some greens and veggies and get some of my protein in all at the same time. I did enjoy a half cup of beer cheese soup, it was REALLY good...and I found out that it was only 4 points, and it was worth the points for sure.
So, I think I did pretty good considering we were at a carnival type event and I managed to stay away from all the junk food I so commonly crave.

Here is my sister, daughter, and niece enjoying the Ferris Wheel at the festival we went to. One day I will be on the Ferris Wheel with my daughter. Proud of my sister for her success with losing weight & being able to maintain her weight loss. I hope to have the same success she has had and look forward to fun moments on rides with my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment